According to the guidelines published by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
CHIROPRACTIC SERVICES ARE CONSIDERED AN
ESSENTIAL SERVICE !!!
This enables you to travel to and from your homes to our facility for your recommended care plans as necessary.
Please continue to read below so we can inform you on how LifeForce Chiropractic is taking health and safety precautions at our office in reference to the Coronavirus at this time.
We ask you not to visit if you have fever or upper respiratory symptoms.
PATIENTS WILL BE SCANNED FOR TEMPERATURE PRIOR TO ENTERING THE FACILITY . IF NECESSARY, PATIENTS WITH ELEVATED TEMPERATURE MAY BE SENT HOME TO MONITOR THEIR TEMPERATURES AND IF WARRANTED, CONTACT THEIR PRIMARY PHYSICIAN FOR RECOMMENDED FOLLOW UP.
I would like to personally inform you on how LifeForce Chiropractic is taking health and safety precautions in reference to the Coronavirus at this time.
Like many of you, we’ve spent time watching television hoping to get a clear understanding of the dangers and concerns that we all face regarding the coronavirus pandemic. There is much confusion amongst the experts. The facts are limited, and they are not fully in agreement about how we should deal with this problem. Until we have a full and clear view of the situation our instinct is to react to our fear. Panic is never the best approach so let's assess what we know and see where that might lead us.
The experts will agree that in the worst pandemic imaginable not everyone responds to the virus to the same level of severity. So who responds well and why? That is the question.
The answer is simple. Those with a higher functioning level of natural immunity. Immunity comes from many sources. What you were born with, exposed to and how well it’s working.
-The Immune system is designed to protect us in this harsh environment.
-The nervous system controls that response.
-The spine protects the Nerve System.
-Chiropractors detect and correct interference to the Nervous System.
We make the adjustment, the body reclaims a higher level of internal control and the immune response works better. Multiple studies have shown chiropractic patients were found to have greater immune competence than people who had not received chiropractic care.
So while the problem (the corona virus) is scary our approach is to recommend the most Salutogenic approach possible. In simple terms... Take care of yourself. Eat a decent diet. Give your body what it needs to rebuild itself. Manage your stress level. Turn off the TV. Go for a walk. Visit the beach. Read something inspirational. Keep your nervous system functioning at its maximum by keeping your chiropractic care schedule regular.
So in this season we should all observe some logical hygiene practices, but again let's not panic. Please continue on to read the protocols we will be putting in place at our facility.
Please visit the following link to the CDC page on how to protect yourself:
We ask you NOT TO VISIT or TO RESCHEDULE in th best interests of our other patients and staff if:
1- You are sick with a fever
2- You have been in contact with someone who is sick
2- You have been in contact with someone who is sick
3- You or your family member has been out of the country or on a cruise.
We should remember that while this is a serious threat to our communities, it is not the first virus we will encounter, and it will not be the last. So take a deep breath and be well!
From our family to your family, we wish you the best in this difficult time.
We are currently seeing patients on a limited basis in order to space out the distance to the number of patients in the facility at any given time.
We are taking positive precautionary measures in the way we will be caring for you (our patients) during this time. Please read the entire message to learn more about our updated safety precautions and check-in procedures.
UPDATED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR OUR FACILITY / STAFF / PATIENTS:
Here is how we are taking extra measures to maintain your health and well being, which is our priority.
UPDATED 3/23/2020: ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE FACILITY WILL HAVE THERE TEMPERATURES SCANNED PRIOR TO ENTRY
1. You will observe our staff cleaning and sanitizing common areas and surface areas throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility. At our front desk and all treatment areas as well.
2. The Doctors will be washing their hands between each and every patient with soap/water or hand sanitizer.
3. We have an air purification system placed in our waiting room that sanitizes our air through a purification system that utilizes Ozone as well as Ultraviolet light. This will be running throughout the day.
4. We will be spacing out the number of patients that may be in the office at any time by placing them in alternative waiting areas with one in each of the treatment rooms including our exam rooms and regular waiting room to keep proper suggested protocols for social distancing. It is extremely important to maintain your scheduled appointment times in order to help us facilitate this process.
NEW OPTIONAL CHECK-IN PROCEDURE:
· When you arrive at the office, please come into the office and sign-in as usual. We will then take care of your insurance needs, co-payments, etc. at that time or when you schedule your next visit.
· We will then give you the option, depending upon how many patients are in the office at that time, to wait comfortably in one of our designated waiting areas or in your car.
· If you are waiting in your car, we will then call your cell phone to let you know that your treatment area is available.
We thank you for your patience and together we will all get through these times.
You are welcome to call our office with any questions you may have, 321-409-0209.
Your Family Chiropractors,
Drs. Jeff and Adriana MonteLeon
If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms, shortness of breath or fever, please refrain from coming to our office for the safety of our staff and all those we are caring for.
Please consult your primary care physician, or utilize Telemedicine, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. If you are in need of acute medical care then proceed to an emergency room.